The 2015 Rebuilding the Stadia Network Strategy is supported by more than $1 billion of strategic investment in key stadia infrastructure. The biggest investment in sport and major event infrastructure since the 2000 Olympics will drive growth in the visitor economy, realise the economic and social benefits of strong cultural and sporting sector, and support liveability for the people of NSW.
Its scale recognises the importance of stadia to the NSW economy and community. Key venues like require significant investment to bring them up to contemporary standards to attract and retain quality events that deliver value to the NSW visitor economy.
The Government’s project priorities are:
- A new rectangular Western Sydney Stadium at Parramatta with 30,000 seats
- The redevelopment of Stadium Australia into a rectangular stadium
- A refurbishment of Allianz Stadium (Sydney Football Ground)
- The completion of the SCG upgrade
- A new indoor arena for Sydney
- A new outer Western Sydney sporting venue