Children and young people participating in sport and active recreation have the right to be safe, in clubs that are free from harm and abuse.
The Office of Sport provides training on how clubs can create safer sporting environments for children and young people.
This free, 90 minute practical webinar is designed for club boards, committees, leaders and volunteers with specific child safeguarding roles.
You will learn about:
• Protecting children and young people from harm and abuse
• Understanding the Child Safe Standards
• Practical ways to help safeguard children
• Simple steps to getting started
• Where to get further help and resources.
As part of the webinar, you will complete a club review pre-webinar and then start work on a simple, achievable child safe club action plan post session.