The following indicative dates apply to this funding round.
- Applications opened Tuesday 23 November 2021
- Applications closed 1pm, Thursday 2 December 2021
- Outcomes advised January 2022 onwards
- Funding agreements executed for successful projects February 2022 onwards
- Project completion by December 2022
The key objectives of the Program are to:
- Drive demand for the NSW Outdoor Active Recreation businesses or organisations impacted by COVID-19 pandemic.
- Promote the variety of Outdoor Active Recreation programs, activities and services available to NSW citizens and visitors to NSW.
- Increase participation in moderate to vigorous outdoor active recreation activities. A particular focus is on promotions that specifically target women and girls and people with disability, First Nations peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
The NSW Government has allocated up to a total of $1 million (excl. GST) in 2021/22 for this Program.
The maximum grant amount available is $50,000.
The minimum grant amount available is $5,000.
Applicants can submit up to two (2) applications, with each requesting up to $50,000 from the program. The applicant should advise of their project priority ranking through the application form. The amount organisations request should reflect the scale of the project/s.
Successful applicants will only be eligible to receive one grant.
The Outdoor Active Recreation Sector is the specific target of this program. To be eligible for this grant program applicants must be:
- an organisation based in NSW;
- a legal entity (i.e: incorporated, or a registered business located in NSW that has been registered for at least 2 years and the holder of an Australian Business Number and/or Australian Company Number);
- providing moderate to vigorous Outdoor Active Recreation programs and/or services; and
- an organisation that has Public Liability Insurance with a minimum $5 million cover.
Ineligible applicants are any organisation types not listed in the ‘Eligible Applicants’ section, and include (but are not limited to):
- Sporting organisations such as (State Sporting Organisation (SSO) or State Sporting Organisations for people with a Disability (SSOD) and their affiliated clubs and associations (see Appendix A for list of SSO and SSOD), National Sporting Organisations or National Sporting Organisations for people with a Disability, Regional Academies of Sport);
- Organisations offering Personal Training, Fitness classes, Gyms, Yoga/Pilates/Dance or similar;
- Individuals, groups of individuals and unincorporated organisations;
- Government departments and agencies;
- Educational institutions including schools and their Parents and Citizens (P&C’s), Universities, TAFE, Colleges and childcare centres;
- Local Government Authorities operating under the Local Government Act, 1993 and Local Government Committees; or
- Organisations named by the National Redress Scheme for Institutional Child Sexual Abuse on its list of institutions that have not joined or signified their intent to join the Scheme are not eligible for funding under this program.
The investment is to be used for the promotion of Outdoor Active Recreation activities, experiences or programs, to increase participation in the activities provided by driving engagement with the businesses/organisations nominated in the application.
The promoted activity or product must provide clients with the opportunity for moderate to vigorous physical activity.
The funds can be used for a variety of different marketing tactics including advertising (digital display, paid social, paid search, printed collateral distribution) and promotional offers, competitions, discounts to drive demand.
- No more than 25% of funds can be used on agency fees to develop the marketing activity.
- No more than 50% of the funds can be used to produce new still photography or videos and any new images and video must be used in grant-funded activity. If imagery or videos make up any budget item, the successful applicant must grant Office of Sport and its partners license to use the images and video in future promotional activity or publications.
For successful applicants, the funded marketing activity is to be implemented by the applicant.
Get in touch for more information about eligibility criteria, timeframes, and costs; or if you have any questions about the application process.