The Office of Sport has developed a COVID-19 Recovery Support Tool which has been designed as a short-term tool that aims to provide support and insight for State Sporting Organisations, clubs and associations regarding issues they should consider and actions they can take to support their recovery from the impacts of COVID-19.
It is a self -assessment Tool which can be used at any time as part of your organisation’s overall health recovery plan and risk management framework and is important for improving sport sector performance and sustainability.
It has been designed to be practical and as simple as possible and to be used in conjunction with your organisation’s overall organisational health systems and processes.
Before you begin it is recommended that you read the following information, as it will help provide some helpful background.
To complete the survey, you will need:
- your organisation's current risk management framework documents
- your organisation’s governance documents such as board charter, constitution, plan(s)
- your organisation’s financial reports for the previous financial year and current budget, and,
- a thorough understanding of your organisation's structure and operations.
The Tool has 32 questions and should take approximately 30-60 minutes to complete. It covers general information as well as distinct organisational health and operational areas such as:
- Our risk and governance
- Our strategy and planning
- Our liquidity and cash flow management
- Our people
- Our digital presence, technology capabilities and cybersecurity
Answers are either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. Each ‘No’ response triggers an important information popup which provides additional information and resources for consideration.
Answers are saved automatically to assist you to leave and return to complete the Tool at your convenience. At the first use of the Tool, you will be given a ‘return code’. Record this unique code as this will be tied to your responses and allow you to return to complete the Tool at your convenience.
Questions do not have a score or rating.
When completed, you can download your results using "Print Results” and save it as a pdf document or click on "Email Results" to email your results to a nominated email address. We encourage you to share your results within the organisation.
The Office of Sport will see the overall results from each use of the Tool but we do not ask for information that will identify your organisation such as organisation name or contact details. Your responses will be used by the Office of Sport to develop programs and content to support SSOs in their recovery from COVID-19. We will not use the tool to make any assessment or make comment on your responses.
For more information, some of the links below may be of some assistance:
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- Australian Taxation Office
- Charities and NFP Commission
- Clearinghouse for Sport
- Club Help – Financial Management
- CPA Australia
- Governance Institute of Australia
- NSW Fair Trading
- Our Community – Community Financial Centre
The use of this Tool does not constitute legal or financial advice and is general in nature. It should not be acted upon without the full understanding of your current situation and future goals and objectives by a fully qualified professional financial or legal advisor. The Office of Sport accepts no liability or responsibility for the accuracy and suitability of any information generated or your reliance upon it.