Starting the Award
1. I’m interested in getting the Award up and running in my organisation. What do I do?
Complete the registration of interest form and a member of our team will get in touch with you soon.
2. Why has my application to become an Award Leader not yet been approved in the Online Record Book (ORB)?
Your acceptance is dependent on:
- Email approval from your Authorising Contact e.g. Principal or CEO.
- Completion of Level 1 Award Leader training (online modules).
3. What is the Award Centre registration fee?
See the schedule of fees.
4. When are Participant registrations invoiced?
If you have selected for Participants to pay your Award Centre directly for their Award registration fees you will be invoiced by the Office of Sport.
Invoices are based on ORB Approved registrations for the previous month and issued within the first two weeks of the following month and sent to the listed billing email address in the ORB. Note, Government school invoices are sent to EDConnect direct.
5. How do I register for Award Leader training?
- Level 1 training is delivered online via the Online Learning Hub.
- Upcoming Level 2 training dates are available for booking on our Events page.
6. I don’t have experience in running Adventurous Journeys, what should I do?
Several outdoor recreation providers offer this service. Refer to the Directory of Activity Providers.
Change of Details
7. The previous Award Leader has left and I have been asked to take-over the Award. What do I need to do?
Follow the four steps outlined in the Award Leader registration process. Active Participants can be transferred to you upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
8. I am no longer the Award Leader, what do I need to do?
- Advise the Duke of Ed NSW Division(link sends e-mail).
- Send a request to email@example.com(link sends e-mail) to transfer any active Participants in the ORB to the new Award Leader.
- Change your Award Leader status to inactive in the ORB. You can contact the ORB Helpdesk(link sends e-mail) for assistance.
9. How can a Participant transfer to another Award Centre?
The Participant will need to complete the Participant Transfer Form (PDF, 635.8 KB) and email it to the Duke of Ed NSW Division(link sends e-mail).
10. My Authorising Contact (e.g. Principal) has changed, what do I do?
Contact the Duke of Ed NSW Division(link sends e-mail) with the new Authorising Contact’s details including full name, email address and phone number.
Delivering the Award
11. What is the Duke of Ed refund policy?
Once a Participant registration has been approved in the ORB, request for refunds will only be considered under exceptional circumstances and must be submitted via the Award Leader in writing with any supporting documentation. There may be administration fees.
12. When are certificates and badges distributed?
Certificates and badges for completed Bronze and Silver Awards during the previous month are distributed to the Award Centre within 3 weeks of the following month along with Gold badges. Gold certificates are presented at official ceremonies or if requested, sent directly to the Participant.
13. How can a Participant get a replacement badge or certificate?
Complete the online replacement badge/certificate form. Note fees apply.
14. Can a Participant change their registration to a different Award level?
Yes. You will need to complete the online Change of Level Request form. Note the Participant will need to pay the fee. This form cannot be filled in by the Participant.
15. What do I do with the ORB records for Participants who have registered but are unlikely to finish?
Change their ORB status to “Inactive” so their history is maintained. ORB filtering will then allow you to better manage your Active Participants. This archiving can be completing using the bulk operations functionality in your ORB Participants tab.
16. I have Participants who are leaving my Award Centre but have not yet finished their Award. What should I do?
- Update Participant contact details to an email they can access outside your Award Centre.
- Make the Participants as Inactive in the ORB.
- Refer Participant to an Open Award Centre if you are unable to find an alternative Award Centre to complete their Award.
17. I want to pay my invoice using a Credit Card. Can I pay it over the phone?
No. Please see invoice for alternative payment options.
18. When will an Award Holder receive an invite to a Gold ceremony?
Gold Award holders will need to allow up to 6 months to be invited to a Gold Award ceremony.
19. I’m having difficulties in the ORB, who can I contact?
For all ORB related issues contact the ORB Helpdesk. ORB manuals and ‘how to’ videos can be found on the ORB Support webpage.
20. I can’t remember my ORB password, what should I do?
Click on the ‘Forgot your password’ link on the bottom of the ORB login page.
21. Are there resources available to help me deliver the Award?
Yes, there are several resources available to help you deliver the Award. They are located at the bottom of the Award Leader page.