Sydney International Regatta Centre
A spectacular event venue for either 10 or 30,000 people, the Sydney International Regatta Centre offers superior event facilities and is one of the region’s premier outdoor sport and entertainment venues for both on and off the water.
Only an hour’s drive northwest of Sydney CBD, the Sydney International Regatta Centre was purpose-built for the 2000 Sydney Olympics and Paralympics. It is one of the best rowing and sprint kayak courses in the world and sprawls over 178 scenic hectares boasting scenic views of Penrith Lakes, the Lower Blue Mountains and surrounding parkland.
This naturally beautiful setting offers a vast selection of event facilities including:
- Large island with a capacity of 20,000 (depending on overlay)
- Whole of venue capacity of 30,000 (up to 50,000 subject to approval of application)
- Multiple conference rooms with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment
- Spectator pavilion with 1,000 seat capacity
- Outdoor and undercover exhibition areas
- Village green and a range of large outdoor spaces
- 2300m competition lake and 1500m warm up lake
- On water access with launch pontoons
- 5km cycling loop and 5km running path
- Swim lane and open water swim course
- Cross country running course
- Parking for 2,000 vehicles and coach and shuttle set-down and pick-up stations
Today (10 May 2021)
What to do at the Regatta Centre
Enjoy a fun-filled day of cycling, walking, swimming, sailing or kayaking. Bring the family along for some active recreation.
Plenty of unique spaces to create memorable weddings, birthdays and private functions.
Make your special occasion one to remember in the Regatta Centre grounds and Lakeside Function room.
Planning a sporting, festival, community and corporate event? The venue has scope to deliver your next event.