Recharge your batteries and get active at Sydney International Regatta Centre. With a range of fun activities both in and out of the water are sure to keep you and the family entertained:
The venue opens to the general public on non-event days. Please refer to the centre's opening hours for more information on what is open and when.
- Row, sail or kayak on a world-class waterway, or open water swim train with a spotter in a dedicated swim lane (Casual swimming not permitted)
Note: Casual use fees apply for all on-water activity and pre-booking is required - Adults $13.50, Child $7.20, Family $26 - email email@example.com to make a booking. From October 1, 2020, the Venue is cashless. Eftpos machines are available at check in, pre-payment is encouraged.
- Walk, run or cycle your way around the scenic 5km lakeside paths. Dogs are welcome if kept on leash and under control at all times and they do not enter the water.
- Pack a picnic and bring the family down to soak in the views
- Grab a coffee and a snack from the Lakeside Kiosk (weekends), or dine at Lakeside Restaurant (Thu - Sun). Call 02 4729 3222 for operating hours and bookings
- Participate in a weekly free 5km timed run with Penrith Lakes parkrun (see upcoming dates)
- Learn how to fish sustainably with the Community fishing program on most Tuesday's (see upcoming dates) - Note: Fishing in the lakes is not permitted outside of this supervised program
- Strap on a jetpack and feel like you can fly with Jetpack Adventures
- Learn to ride a motorcycle with Stay Upright
- Join Pendragons Dragon Boat Club and learn all about Dragon Boating
- Enjoy a leisurely sail with Sailability Penrith Lakes catering for all abilities on Come and Try Days or group bookings (see upcoming dates)
- Join Penrith Cycling Club and participate in the regular race days / nights (see upcoming dates)
- Race nitro & electric powered RC cars with Penrith District Nitro Racing most Tuesday nights (see upcoming dates)
- Race model power boats with Model Boat Club of NSW (see upcoming dates)
- Watch, or fly your own model Sea Planes on special flying days (see upcoming dates)
- Join one of the many resident triathlon clubs who host regular duathlons and triathlons at the venue (Panthers Tri Club) (Hills Tri Club) (FilOz Tri Club) (Balance & UTS Tri Club)