Combatants competing under Clearance
Professional combatants registered interstate
A person who is not ordinarily a resident of NSW and is registered with an equivalent Australian regulatory body as a combatant may compete in NSW under Clearance from that organisation.
Interstate Clearances for professional combatants will be accepted from the following organisations:
- Combat Sports Commission of Western Australia
- Victorian Professional Boxing and Combat Sports Board
- South Australian Office for Sport and Recreation (Boxing and Martial Arts).
The Clearance issued by these organisations must confirm the registration status of the individual, confirm fitness and serological clearance.
Professional combatants registered internationally
A person who is not ordinarily a resident of Australia and is registered with an equivalent regulatory body or national or international sporting organisation as a combatant may compete in NSW under Clearance from that organisation.
The Clearance issued by these organisations must confirm the registration status of the individual.
All international combatants must also provide the Combat Sports Authority with a Certificate of Fitness (PDF, 112.43 KB) and a Serological Clearance Certificate (PDF, 106.41 KB) on the approved form (completed by a medical practitioner) obtained within Australia.
Amateur combatants registered interstate
A person who is not ordinarily a resident of NSW and is registered as an amateur combatant with a National Sporting Organisation or an interstate organisation that is the equivalent of a NSW Approved Amateur Body may compete in NSW under Clearance from that organisation.
Interstate Clearances will be accepted from the following organisations:
- Boxing Australia Ltd
- Boxing Victoria Inc
- Boxing SA Inc
- Boxing WA Inc
- Boxing Tasmania Inc
- Boxing NT Inc
- Boxing ACT Inc
- Boxing Queensland Inc
- Australian Amateur Boxing League Inc
- Global League International Boxing Inc
- Victorian Amateur Boxing League (VABL)
- Tasmanian Boxing League Inc
- Victorian Amateur Martial Arts Association (VAMAA)
- Muaythai Queensland Inc
- World Association of Kickboxing Organizations Australia (WAKO Australia) - for Kickboxing and Mixed Martial Arts only
Organisations wishing to supply a Clearance for a registered interstate amateur combatant to compete in NSW are advised to contact the combat sport unit to discuss the requirements for Clearances from these organisations.
All Clearances must state:
- The combatant is currently registered with the organisation and
- The combatant is not medically or otherwise suspended and
- The classes of combat sport that the combatant is cleared to contest and
- The combatant is an amateur and never contested for money or other valuable reward
- confirmation of fitness and clear serology or
If the Amateur Body issuing the Clearance does not require fitness or serology testing at the standards required by the Combat Sports Act 2013 then the combatant must supply the CSA with a Certificate of Fitness and a Serological Clearance Certificate on the approved form (completed by a medical practitioner) obtained within Australia in addition to the clearance issued by the organisation.