1. All registrants (referred to in these Terms & Conditions as “you” or “your”) whilst on site or participating in the program must abide by the General Terms and Conditions of Entry and the Participant Code of Behaviour
2. In these Terms & Conditions:
a. “child” means any person under 18 years of age that is in your care and control either by biological relation, court order or another form of legally enforceable guardianship.
b. “Office” means the Office of Sport (referred to in these Terms & Conditions as “we”, “us” or “our”);
c. “Office Program” means a program or event that: (i) is arranged, facilitated and operated solely by the Office; and (ii) where the registrant pays the Office directly for their attendance and participation;
d. “Third Party” means any organisation or individual other than you or us; and
e. “Third Party Program” means a program or event that is not an Office Program (an example is a school camp arranged and facilitated by a school where the registrant pays the school for their attendance and participation).
3. A booking by a registration will only be considered to be confirmed (Confirmed Booking) when:
a. You have provided a completed registration form;
b. You have accepted the Terms and Conditions for the respective program or event;
c. Where the program or event is an Office Program, you have made payment for the full cost of the program or event and this has been received by us; and
d. We have sent a confirmation email to you.
4. All fees are GST inclusive unless otherwise specified.
5. Payment for an Office Program can only be made via the Payment Portal.
6. Purchase Orders in lieu of payment for an Office Program will only be accepted from pre-approved Agencies.
7. We will review all registrations received. Where required, we may request supporting documentation and further information from you, even if your booking is a Confirmed Booking.
8. We reserve the right to apply additional conditions or cancel registrations at our sole and absolute discretion, including to a Confirmed Booking.
Office Programs – Transfers and Cancellations
Cancellation – Initiated by You
9. Partial attendance or no attendance by you at the Office Program will be treated as a cancellation and processed in accordance with this section. Make up or alternate sessions will not be provided.
10. Cancellation requests, stating the reason of cancellation, must be notified in writing to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) Cancellation requests will be processed in accordance with the following time frames:
Cancellation Fee applicable
Less than 30 calendar days prior to program start date
100% of program registration fee (no refund provided)
30 calendar days or greater prior to start date
50% of program registration fee (half refunded provided)
Transfer – Initiated by You
11. Transfer requests, stating the reason for transfer and the Office Program being requested to be transferred to, must be notified in writing to us via email to email@example.com(link sends e-mail). Transfer requests will be processed in accordance with the following time frames:
Transfer Fee applicable
Less than 30 calendar days prior to program start date
25% of original program registration fee
30 calendar days or greater prior to start date
10% of original program registration fee
12. These transfer provisions do not apply to Holiday Camps delivered by the Office. For the purposes of this clause 12 and clause 13 “Holiday Camps: means any Office Program that:
a. Is delivered at a site that is owned, operated or managed by us;
b. Is delivered during the school vacation dates as published by the NSW Department of Education from time to time; and
c. Only accepts registrations for individuals aged 18 years or younger.
13. If you wish to transfer from one Holiday Camp to another you must cancel the original booking (clauses 9 and 10 will apply to such cancellation) and then book into the Holiday Camp you wish to attend.
Transfer or Cancellation –Initiated by Us
14. We reserve the right to transfer, cancel or amend an Office Program, registration or Confirmed Booking. In these circumstances, every effort will be made to give reasonable notice.
15. We may initiate a transfer or cancellation of an Office Program, individual registrations or Confirmed Bookings when, but not limited to:
a. the site (Centre or program location) cannot cater for your individual needs;
b. the Office Program has not received the minimum number of Confirmed Bookings to operate; or
c. we determine, in our sole and absolute discretion, that the Site is unable to proceed with the delivery of the Office Program.
16. If you are given the option to transfer to another Office Program initiated by us and:
a. you accept this option, then we will not apply any Transfer Fees to that transfer; or
b. you do not accept this option, then any fees paid for the Office Program will be fully refunded.
17. If you do not comply with the General Conditions or Participant Code of Behaviour, we reserve the right to cancel your registration, participation in the Office Program and/or access to the site. In these instances and where you are under 18 years of age, your authorised parent or guardian will be required to attend the site and collect you immediately. No refund will be provided in these circumstances.
Third Party Programs – Transfers and Cancellations
Transfer or Cancellation – Client initiated
18. Transfer or cancellation requests of a Confirmed Booking for Third Party Programs must be directed to the Third Party.
19. If a transfer or cancellation requests for a Confirmed Booking for Third Party Program is approved then this must be notified in writing to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
Transfer or Cancellation – Office of Sport initiated
20. We reserve the right to transfer, cancel or amend a Third Party Program, registration or Confirmed Booking. In these circumstances, every effort will be made to give reasonable notice.
21. It is the Third Party’s responsibility to advise you of such transfer, cancellation or amendment.
22. If you do not comply with the General Conditions or Participant Code of Behaviour, we reserve the right to cancel your registration, participation in the Third Party Program and/or access to the site. In these instances and where you are under 18 years of age, your authorised parent or guardian will be required to attend the site and collect you immediately. We will not be liable to you or your authorised parent or guardian for any costs of expenses incurred by you or your authorised parent or guardian due to your non-compliance with the General Conditions or Participant Code of Behaviour.
Privacy Clause - use and disclosure of personal information
23. We may collect personal information from your or your child about you and your child, including CCTV footage and photographs of you or your child while attending an Office Program or Third Party Program. This may be collected over the internet, over the phone, in person or in writing.
24. The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our relationship with you and the circumstances of the collection. This may include:
a. You, your child’s, emergency contact’s or carer’s name, email address and/or contact phone number;
b. You or your child’s date of birth, gender and Medicare card or Companion Card information;
c. Personal and health details of your or your child including medical conditions and medications, behavioural issues, dietary and allergy information, disability status, indigenous status and language spoken at home; and
d. Banking and/or credit card details.
25. We collect and uses personal and health information about you and your child/children in order to:
a. Operate our facilities and facilitate delivery of an Office Program or Third Party Program;
b. process payment for you or your child’s participation in an Office Program or Third Party Program;
c. carry out market data analysis, prevent or detect fraud or abuses, or enable third parties to carry out functions on our behalf;
d. assess your child’s readiness for physical activity/exercise, ability to participate in programs, general welfare and to provide your child the medical treatments as required; and
e. other purposes that are reasonably necessary for the operation, delivery and evaluation of an Office Program or a Third Party Program.
26. We may disclose personal information about you and your child to:
a. Our related entities and affiliates;
b. medical and health care providers who provide services to us;
c. software or technology service providers who provide services to us;
d. a Third Party delivering:
i. contracted services as part of an Office Program; or
ii. a Third Party Program,
that you or your child have registered for;
e. Contracted third party service providers, financial service providers, credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies if you default on payments due or to obtain payment from you; or
f. any specified recipient as required by law.
The Office of Sport is not likely to disclose any personal and health information about your or your child to overseas recipients.
27. With your express approval as part of the registration form submission, we may also use photographs, sound and film recording of your child for publicity and advertising purposes. If you do not wish for photographs of your child/children to be taken and/or used for the promotion of NSW Government services and initiatives to the media and general public, this must be notified as part of the registration form.
28. You are able to request access to personal and health information held by us about you or your child and seek correction of such information. Please refer to our Privacy Statement located on our website. You can also refer to the Privacy Statement for information on how to complain about a breach of our obligations under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW) and how the we will deal with such a complaint.
29. If you do not provide the personal and health information requested in the registration form then we may not be able to process your enrolment form, allow your or your child/children to participate in the Office Program or Third Party Program or handle your enquiries.
Release, Risk Indemnity and Wavier
30. you agree that you or your child to attend our facilities and to undertake all activities and/or to participate in the Office Program or Third Party Program.
31. In the case of an emergency, you authorise us, where it is impracticable to communicate with you, to arrange for you or your child to receive such medical or surgical treatment as may be deemed necessary.
32. You also agree and undertake to pay or reimburse costs which may be incurred for medical attention, ambulance transport and medication while you or your child is attending our facilities or participating in an Office Program or Third Party Program.
33. You understand that although we and our contracted service providers attempt to minimise any risk of personal injury within practical boundaries, accidents do happen and all physical activities carry the risk of personal injury.
34. You acknowledge that there is an inherent risk of personal injury in physical activities that will be undertaken at our facilities or as part of the Office Program or Third Party Program and you accept that risk.
Registrant Drop off, Collection and Transportation
35. You must sign your child in to the program. Your child is not permitted to sign their own entry into the Office Program or Third Party Program.
36. You must sign your child out of the program. Your child may be permitted to leave on their own accord with the completion of a Release form or written permission provided by you to us.
37. At the conclusion of an Office Program or Third Party Program, if your child has still not been collected an additional $10 fee per child is payable, in 15 minute increments.
Working Example: The increment for late collection is $10 per 15 minutes. If the program concludes at 5.30pm and they are collected between 5:30 pm – 5:45pm an additional $10 per child is payable, if collected 5:45pm – 6:00pm additional $20 per child and so on.
38. This additional fee is payable by you . We will prohibit participation by your child in subsequent programs or sessions until this amount has been paid.
39. Where transportation of you or your child in a vehicle driven by us is essential for the delivery of the Office Program or Third Party Program you consent to such transportation.
Acknowledgement of the Parent/Guardian
37.Submission of the registration form indicates that you are accepting these Terms and Conditions, thereby acknowledging that you:
a. Are the registrant's parent/guardian and hereby give permission for them to attend this program;
b. Accept the General Terms and Conditions, Conditions of Entry;
c. Forever discharge and release all parties from any and all claims for injuries, damages, or loss that may accrue to the registrant arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the program;
d. By enrolling the registrant you authorise the NSW Office of Sport staff and contractors to obtain such medical assistance as they deem necessary and agree to meet these expenses;
e. Voluntarily agree to assume the risk of any injuries, damages or loss, regardless of severity that the registrant may sustain as a result of being a participant in the activities connected with or associated with the registrant’s involvement with the NSW Office of Sport Program; and
f. Have read and understood the warning above.