Applications Open: Friday, 13 November 2020
Applications Close: Tuesday,15 December 2020
All potential applicants are encouraged to review the frequently asked questions to ensure that their application addresses the relevant requirements.
The COVID-19 Cross Border Sport Fund is part of the NSW Government’s Community Sport Recovery Package, specifically targeting NSW border grassroot clubs and associations that have been impacted by COVID-19.
The COVID-19 Cross Border Sports Fund (the Fund) will support NSW based clubs and associations that are affiliated with a state level sporting organisation or association recognised in another State/Territory, that were not eligible to receive funding under the Grassroots Sport Fund. This is restricted to those clubs that are affiliated to an interstate organisation that is the equivalent of a SSO or SSOD recognised by the NSW Government. The type of sport must be recognised in NSW.
Up to $400,000 will be available under the Fund.
Eligible applicants will be able to receive up to $1,000, to assist organisations with fixed costs incurred between March and June 2020, where they have not already received financial assistance or relief from local, state or Commonwealth governments or others such as a NSW SSO or SSOD.
Funding amounts and use
Payments to clubs up to $1,000 can be used for fixed costs such as:
- telephone and internet
- fixed vehicle or equipment costs (lease, registration),
- other base operating costs including affiliation fees, EFTPOS and banking fees, IT support arrangements and essential equipment
- The local club or association must be a legal entity and have been affiliated with a state level sporting organisation or association recognised in another jurisdiction (State/Territory) before 11 June 2020
- The local club or association must be registered in NSW or have a registered business address in NSW
- The local club or association must have registered members and participants
- If the local club or association is a school, it must offer programs to the public
- The local club or association was financially impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions between the period of March – June 2020
- The local regional club has not already received funding from the Office of Sport or an NSW SSO/ SSOD under a COVID grant
- The local club or association will use the payment for an approved purpose and has not already received assistance with this expense from local, state or Commonwealth government or others
- Clubs or associations which have already received funding through the Grassroot Sport Fund
- Clubs or associations which are not a legal entity
- Clubs or associations which are not based in NSW
- Clubs or associations which are affiliated to an NSW-based SSO or SSOD
- Clubs or associations which do not deliver programs for one of the sports listed in Appendix A
Find out more about the COVID-19 Cross Border Sport Fund including eligibility information via the button below.
Additional Financial Support
The Office of Sport has a dedicated resource page, providing links and information on other state and federal financial assistance measures available to sport and recreation organisations.