The perfect place to stay for school camps, community programs, and more
Midway between Dubbo, Orange and Parkes, Lake Burrendong Sport and Recreation Centre has accommodation for up to 200 guests and a variety of accommodation options to suit:
- School camps
- Family reunions
- Corporate training
- Sporting events
- Group getaways
See the full range of self-contained and catered accommodation options at Lake Burrendong Sport and Recreation Centre.
The fun never stops
From adventure challenges and water-based activities to bush outings and recreational fun, there’s plenty of non-stop action at a Lake Burrendong Sport and Recreation Centre. Choose from instructor-led activities such as archery, canoeing, grass skiing, rock climbing or challenge ropes course. Other activities include tennis, basketball and swimming. Self-contained groups can pre-book instructor-led activities. Group costs apply and activities are subject to availability.
- At height activities including challenge ropes course, flying fox, leap of faith, indoor and outside rock climbing walls and vertical challenge
- Aquatic activities including stand up paddle boarding, canoeing, kayaking, raft building, pool games such as water polo, slip'n'slide
- Bush and environmental activities including overnight bivouac, cook-out, campfire and damper making, bush walking, orienteering, fishing, bush craft and survival skills.
- Recreational activities including archery, archery tag, mountain and BMX biking, grass skiing, traditional Indigenous games, team initiative course, paint balloon combat and low ropes.
- 25m swimming pool
- Tennis courts
- BBQ area
- Recreation hall
- Playing fields
- Campfire circles
A stone's throw
Just under five hours north-west of Sydney in Central West NSW, Lake Burrendong is a stone’s throw from:
- The exquisite rolling hills of the Orange region, where acclaimed vineyards, lush orchards, boutique shopping experiences and beautifully preserved heritage are paired with stunning natural surroundings – just an hour away.
- The award-winning Taronga Western Plains Zoo
- Mudgee’s famous wine district and gold fields
- The underground wonderland of Wellington Cave and Phosphate Mine
- The shade of a Coolabah tree at Burrendong Botanic Garden and Arboretum.
With its relaxed beauty and rural location, come and stay at Lake Burrendong Sport and Recreation Centre and discover why so many people keep coming back.
*Please note: Some activities may not be available at the time of your booking due to COVID-19 Public Health Order restrictions or COVID Safety Plan practices. Please contact 13 13 02 for more information.