Our facilities - Sydney Academy
The perfect place to stay for school camps, community groups, and more
Just 30 minutes from Sydney’s CBD, Sydney Academy of Sport and Recreation Centre has accommodation for 455 guests and a variety of accommodation options to suit:
- School camps
- Conferences and expos
- Sports development and training
- Community groups
See the full range of accommodation options at the Sydney Academy of Sport and Recreation.
The fun never stops
From adventure challenges and water-based activities to bush outings and recreational fun, there’s plenty of non-stop action at a Sydney Academy of Sport and Recreation camp. Choose from instructor-led activities such as archery or kayaking and other activities like tennis, basketball, cricket and swimming. Group costs apply and activities are subject to availability.
- Canoeing, kayaking, sailing
- Campfires, initiative challenge, archery, bushwalking.
Please note: Some activities may not be available at the time of your booking due to COVID-19 Public Health Order restrictions or COVID Safety Plan practices. Please contact 13 13 02 for more information.
- 400-metre athletics track (pay at the gate from 4-8 pm Monday to Thursday or pre-purchase tokens from Administration 9.00am – 5.00pm Mon-Fri) (Track closed for repairs from May 8th to mid-June)
- 25-metre, six-lane heated indoor pool
- Multi-purpose indoor sports gymnasium
- Aquatic centre – canoeing, kayaking
- Five multi-purpose ovals with lighting
- Synthetic outdoor multi-purpose courts with lighting for netball, futsal and cross training
- Cricket nets with synthetic pitches
- Weights room – for elite sports strength and conditioning
- 2 tennis courts with lighting
- Sports science
- Beach volleyball
- Kiosk and picnic areas.
We are approximately 30 minutes north of Sydney’s CBD in the Northern Beaches suburb of Narrabeen, on the Wakehurst Parkway. There is no public transport is available directly to or from the Academy. Public transport is available from Sydney’s Central Station to Narrabeen. The bus stop is on Carrington Street, Wynyard and Narrabeen bus numbers can be viewed on the bus stop schedule. The closest bus stop is at Narrabeen, which is a five-minute drive from the Academy.
Wifi is now available at the Academy upon request (limits may apply).
In the interest of hygiene on sporting facilities and the protection of flora and fauna, dogs are not permitted on the Academy grounds. Registered companion dogs or guide dogs are permitted.
All Sport and Recreation staff working at the Academy have taken part in Child Protection training, as well as undergoing a Working with Children Check. An Academy Staff Liaison Officer will be on call at all times to assist you during your stay. You will be advised as to where and how to contact staff when you arrive at the Academy. We also have qualified staff who can conduct instructor-led recreational activities.